The Front Page
The Latest News and Happenings at Echo Ridge
Scroll down this page for news, updates, and some interesting stuff!
We are in the midst of a great Saskatchewan golf season.
We are fortunate that we have been open since early Spring, and the conditions are great!!
A "tip of the hat" to Gerry and our Greens Crew for all of their hard work providing us with unbelievable conditions during a very hot, dry summer.
If you haven't been to our restaurant for a while, you need to come check out the best food in the valley. Clareen and Kent and their support staff have created a menu that is truly special featuring selection that you just can't get anywhere else. Bon Appetit!!
Here's to the rest of the 2021 Season!!!
COVID-19 AND THE 2021 SEASON
Golfers have done a great job during the 2020 and 2021 seasons and have showed that we are able to safely and responsibly enjoy our favourite pass time during this pandemic.
Golfing Echo Ridge during the Pandemic
- We will strictly adhere to guidelines established by local, provincial and federal governments and health departments.
- Our regular policies and procedures will remain in effect other than exceptions noted on this page.
- We are pleased that our restaurant and deck are fully open, and golfers have been enjoying some unbelievable food.
- While walk-ons are welcome, it is recommended to pre-book your tee time. Book on-line through this website, or call the proshop at (306) 332-4653. Demand is high for prime-time spots, so please reserve your time to avoid disappointment.
- Echo Ridge Golf Course has the right to match any number of golfers less than 4 with other players to form a foursome.
- There will be a maximum of 4 players per group.
- Due to the limited number of tee times available, singles are not able to book on-line at this time. Instead they are required to call the proshop and may be paired up with a group.
- Facemasks are no longer required in the proshop. All are welcome, and we respect those who choose to continue "masking up".
- Shields in front of our cash registers will remain in place for the time being, so as to provide an added level of protection for our employees.
- We ask everyone to observe the signs and markings and respect the 6 foot (2 m) physical distancing recommendations, and ask for your co-operation.
- For those who prefer to ride alone when renting a power cart, we will continue to offer the single rider charge option.
- Thus far, our fleet of carts has been sufficient to satisfy demand. However, if unforeseen circumstances present themselves, we would be unable to guarantee availability at all times.
- Golf Courses have been allowed to set their own intervals between tee times, and many have gone back to the 7 to 8 minute spaces. We have decided to keep our tee time intervals at 10 minutes, as we feel this makes for a more enjoyable experience for our golfers.
- Ball washers and trap rakes have been reinstalled.
- Although it is no longer a rule requirement to remove the flagstick before putting, the flagsticks can now be removed from the holes. You may want to consider leaving the flagstick in place, as it helps to improve the pace of play.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning, sanitation and disinfecting of all locations, especially high touch area such as counter surfaces, public restrooms, door handles, light switches, golf carts and more.
- Our staff has been instructed in hygiene, sanitation and food handling and its impact on preventing the spread of communicable diseases.
- All motorized golf carts, pull carts and rental clubs will be sanitized prior to each use.
- If you have a cough, fever, or have been in contact with someone who is not feeling well, do not come to the golf course; we do not want you to spread the infection.
- Practice physical distancing in the parking lot, around the proshop, at tee boxes, in the fairways and on the greens.
- We have hand sanitizing stations entering and leaving the proshop. However, please bring your own towels and hand disinfectant as an extra protection.
- If you are riding in a golf cart, ensure that your cellphone and personal property remain in your golf bag as much as possible - away from high-contact areas of the cart.
- Please adhere to all COVID-19 signage and rules. They are for everyone's protection.
- There will be very small modifications required, mainly surrounding group meals and the serving of buffets.
We hope to see you soon!
We are pleased to announce the launch of our new e-Store!!
We are now able to offer on-line shopping to all of our customers. Currently, we are offering:
Golf Packages and Gift Certificates
Restaurant quality grocery items to prepare at home
Just click the "Links" tab at the top of this page and head to the e-Store Link.
If you don't find what you are looking for, or have a special request, please email us at email@example.com and we will do our best to help.
Things to ponder...
- According to industry statistics, only 20% of golfers have handicaps of less than 18!
- The odds of having 2 holes-in-one during a single round is 1 in 67 million (so...you're saying I have a chance?)
A great shot of a beautiful morning @echoridgegolfcourse on
Saturday July 27, photo taken by our Pro Shop staffer Sam.
& yes we are all lucky to have this view from our office every day!!!!!
Rustic Log Cabin for rent
Just a 5 minute walk from Echo Ridge Golf Course!
Sleeps 6 comfortably, fully furnished with bedding and towels, fully stocked kitchen, BBQ & firepit
in a private yard. This cozy cabin is 1/2 km from town and a short walk to the beach with a boat launch. Minimum 2 night stay, non smoking, $150/night plus $50 cleaning fee.
Come stay and play in the Valley!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and cabin bookings.
Echo Ridge Golf Course is situated in the resort town of Fort Qu’Appelle in the heart of the beautiful Qu’Appelle Valley only 40 minutes northeast of Regina, the provincial capital of Saskatchewan.
This challenging 9-hole course offers manicured greens and fairways, a friendly staff, and a comfortable atmosphere. Known for great food and Friday Night Steak Nights, the licensed Upper Deck Restaurant welcomes golfers and public alike.
Echo Ridge Golf Course was rated as one of the best 9-hole golf courses in Canada for 2014 by Canadian Golf Magazine. We were the only 9-hole course in Saskatchewan to receive this recognition.
Come and join us for a great day at the course!
Twilight begins every day at 4:30.
One last thought...
We are so fortunate to participate in a sport that has been there for us throughout the pandemic. Most sports have suffered restrictions and in many cases closures. Let's all make sure to get out on the course, enjoy the experience, and above all, let's treat each other with kindness and patience. Now, would it be too much to ask for me to hit a fairway with my drive once in a while?????
We are really happy to be welcoming back a great number of our staff from last year, but as usual, there will be a few positions to fill. If you enjoy providing excellent customer service while working in a fun, supportive atmosphere, we invite you to email your resume to email@example.com or send it to:
Echo Ridge Golf Course
PO Box 1280
Fort Qu'Appelle, SK S0G 1S0